[linux-audio-user] [ANN] yet another linux sound wiki.

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Dec 15 11:51:10 EST 2006

Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> Ketil Thorgersen <linuxuadio at rytmisk.net> writes:
>
>> Mm - I have to agree on this one unfortunately! I have been at a fair
>> number of wikis, and they always seem confusing to me - and
>> ugly. Despite the good effort my personal impression is th the
>> original site is much more intuitive. But I guess that is just a
>> matter of changing the lay out of the site since the database is in
>> place. My advice would be: tune down the wiki aspect. Make the
>> software list right there in your face when you arrive.
>
> Layout/outlook is matter of theme, a feature mature wiki engines
> support.

indeed.  additional navigation buttons and a menu
will be important updates that come with a wiki-template.

before getting started on the look and feel however, there are some more
issues:

"tune down the wiki aspect"  - if you see the page-source of
http://linux-sound.sonologic.nl/lad:all:jamin for example:

~~META:desc=JACK Audio Mastering, "... a tool for producing audio
masters from a mixed-down multitrack source" ~~
~~META:logo=lad:images:jamin.png~~
~~META:screenshot=http://jamin.sourceforge.net/en/about/scr02.png~~
~~META:banner=~~

we could

a) introduce more META tags and make minimal use of the actual wiki
pages for the application. -> the whole wiki will become a Meta-Data
page index. browse like this:
http://linux-sound.sonologic.nl/lad:categories:all_things_jack

b) use a minimal set of META tags, and have customized wiki pages for
each application.

c) a + b  :)

what's nice about the static html @ linux-sound.org is that it can be
mirrored/cached easily. for a wiki this takes a little more effort.

I'm lucky and going to spend the next days skiing, but will back with
new ideas and enthusiasm after the 23C3.

#robin