[linux-audio-user] Pd produces many Xruns

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 22:19:23 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

The way to avoid this is to run PD with the -rt flag so it runs in
realtime. If you are still getting the xruns then you can try
increasing PD's priority using:

chrt -f -p 50 `pidof "pd"`

50 is the priority that works for me, but you might have to experiment
with different numbers.

I hope this information helps (I'm using Ubuntu Edgy too).

Hector