[linux-audio-user] [OT] Getting Nvidia drivers to work with CCRMA

Tue Dec 19 20:17:41 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 18:43 -0800, Tim Howard wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I have a Radeon 9200SE video card in my computer which is running
> FC5 + CCRMA.  Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to
> install drivers for this without damaging my Linux installation?
>
>    Also, since I'm using a "non-standard" kernel (CCRMA's
> rt-something), does that mean I will have to recompile the kernel, or
> what?

Late to this thread but here it goes anyway...

For radeon chipsets <= 9250 (you should be fine) hardware 3d
acceleration is supported out of the box (the kernel module and the X
support). It should work... see what frame rate you get from, for
example, glxgears. I'm using 9250 cards myself with no problem.

-- Fernando