[linux-audio-user] 64 studio

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Thu Dec 21 18:02:33 EST 2006

Hello,

Chuckk and Dave, please tell me how you did the compile, there is a
problem with mismatching jackdevel-lib version in the Debian AMD64 repo,
did it gave you trouble?

Chuckk I am sorry to hear that and I am often in the same
And-All-I-Wanted-Is-To-Do-Some-Music mood but it pays off. Using Linux
is also a political thing for me and there is no way back. I was
longtime Windows user (but I started with a Siemens Minicomputer at
school learning UCSD Pascal, than C64, than Amiga, so the number 64
during the boot gives me some odd cosy feeling :) ), than Apple OSX, but
I cant stand bigcompany bullshit anymore. There must be something odd
with your machine and/or configuration. Maybe another distribution helps
a bit, I checked out several ones in the last couple of days before I
decided to go the 64 Studio route. Suse Jacklab seems to be interesting
too although I cant get any lower than 10ms on the same computer with
that Kernel.

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

next events:
concert 29.dec 2006 Notstandskomitee vs. TBC Hoerbar Hamburg

more at blog 4, also available as rss feed:
http://java.block4.com/blog4/