[linux-audio-user] The BIG picture

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Dec 21 22:36:51 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 22:12 -0500, Rob wrote:
> I don't think a Protools book is going to teach me about getting
> set up with ALSA midi clients and Jack and Timidity/Fluidsynth
> and Zyn and Rosegarden/Muse, etc., and I think that's part of
> what Ianas was looking for.  (A Protools book won't tell you how
> to use cdrecord either, but I don't think firing up k3b and
> dragging WAV files over is really that tough.)

I was addressing his second question about general recording and mixing
techniques, and recommended a book that uses Pro Tools to explain these
because the Ardour interface is based on that of Pro Tools, or at least
intended to be intuitive to a Pro Tools user.

To answerthe original question, no, there is no website that explains
everything about Linux audio in a "for dummies" format.  I thought I
heard a rumor of an O'Reilly Linux audio book a while back but I might
be making that up...

Lee