[linux-audio-user] Re: Carlo's vision, was Re: Attracting more Linux audio developers

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Sat Dec 23 16:20:58 EST 2006

> It's pretty easy to parody Carlo's plea. That's okay, I think Leonard
> was having fun, his reply brought a smile to my face, and it reminded me
> that "If men did not laugh at it, it would not be the Tao". We got a

You know, I didn't think Leonard was laughing at me. Well a part of me
did, but it'll know better soon :)

Thanks for your support, Dave. And thank you so much for your tireless
work in creating the linux audio community. Yeah, you have given me,
more than you can imagine. I can sit down and work with computers who
actually like me. Working with windows I felt my computer more puts up
with me than likes me. But with linux... and XFCE... and the realtime
patches... and the community... and jack... and Zyn... and Om...

You know, all of this was possible fully thanks to you. You know, not
partly thanks to you and party because of Richard Stallman, but fully
thanks to you and fully thanks to Richard Stallman, who I consider to be
arms of the same intelligence.

So now it's my turn. You have given me tools, and I create music. Which
also happens to be a tool for people to widen their horizon and enjoy
themselves. Which in turn will let them some of them feed us, and some
of them create candles that smell like Broccoli for the benefit of
humankind.

I love the Tao. Thanks for your attention Dave! I hope I will get
laughed at constantly from now on.

Carlo