[linux-audio-user] move LAU to a forum?

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Sun Dec 24 12:18:21 EST 2006

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:26:52 +0100
Leonard Ritter <contact at leonard-ritter.com> a écrit:

> and indeed, why not move to a forum? are there arguments against it?

A mailing list provides much more efficient browsing and reading.  I
find that with a mailing list you can actually browse subjects you
wouldn't with a web-based forum if only because of the time it takes
(ADSL) to load pages a scroll down messages.

If you can have both (why not ?) the you can keep the mailing while at
the same time provide the web-based forum access.  What's being posted
on the forum gets into the mailing list and vice-versa.  If this
mechanism does nto yet exists, we can make it.  Let me if you need any
Perl 'glue' to do that ! ;-)

Al