[linux-audio-user] "DVD-A"paranoia?

Alberto Botti alberto.botti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:17:03 EST 2006

Il giorno mer, 01/02/2006 alle 13.59 -0500, Lee Revell ha scritto:
> Wow, this is F**KED UP - so you'd need to violate the DMCA to write a
> driver.  What revenue stream are they trying to protect - do they charge
> extra for a fully functional driver and/or burning software?

They include PlexTools Professional
(http://www.plextools.com/info/info.asp) with every retail drive, and
they sell an enhanced version called Plextools Professional XL.
All of their software requires Microsoft Windows.

> This is one of the worst things I've seen a vendor try to pull.  I'm
> never buying another Plextor.

Me too. And it doesn't help that my PX-716A likes to make coasters out
of almost half the perfectly good CDs I put in it...