[linux-audio-user] Noise gate (or something else?)

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sun Feb 5 15:37:33 EST 2006

Hello,

I desperately need a noise gate, or something else to remove breathing sounds.
Could anyone help me find one?

I am recording using Audacity 1.2.3 from a rather simple microphone, and
breathing sounds are clearly heard when the speaker inhales air; from the
look of the graph, it seems that a simple noise gate would remove them. But I
could not find a noise gate in Audacity 1.2.3...

Is there any program, including a plugin for or later version of Audacity,
taht would do noise gating?

Or perhaps there is a better way to remove the sounds? (There is a Noise
Removal plugin, but might it not affect the voice itself?)

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik