[linux-audio-user] Ubuntustudio + ACPI + Jack issues

Johannes Mario Ringheim jri at broadpark.no
Mon Feb 6 14:42:48 EST 2006

Dana Olson wrote:
> I'm sorry if I'm an idiot, but how did you disable ACPI? Did you just
> remove it from the kernel when you were compiling? In the BIOS or
> something else? Do you just kill acpid?

Oh, *I'm* sorry, I left that out.

I put "acpi=off" behind the kernel in /boot/grub/menu.lst as described
in the first post here:

After that the battery-monitor in xfce stops reporting anything, so I
guess that's an indication that acpi is really off.

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.1go.dk/