[linux-audio-user] Re: rosegarden+dssi

Carotinho carotinobg at yahoo.it
Fri Feb 10 05:58:17 EST 2006

Hi!

Alle 10:26, venerdì 10 febbraio 2006, emanuele ..:: www.rumoridifondo.com ::..
ha scritto:
> is there any benefit using rosegarden as dssi host rather than
> jack-dssi-host?

The main reason is that when you save your project, Rosegarden save the
configuration of your DSSI, patches loaded and so on, so you don't have to
open jack-dssi-host with the right plugin and load the patch you needed.
Besides, you can add directly some LADSPA to the DSSI track, without
referring to another software. Final point, but this is more related to my
setup, when I route the UART midi of my soundcard to Rosegarden, and I select
a track inside Rosegarden, whichever channel I play on my MIDI keyboard, it
gets translated on the fly (my midi keyboard is an arranger playing on
different channels), while on Jack-dssi-host you have to route the midi
everytime you change the instrument, choose the channel etc.

These are the reason why I'm fond of DSSI, it makes easier working with synths
in a sequencer, just like VST.

Byez!

Carotinho