[linux-audio-user] missing MIDI port

Ruben Lopez rl1205 at sillylovesongs.com
Tue Feb 14 00:30:14 EST 2006

I have an onboard sound card with a game port. JACK identifies the card as a "C-Media PCI" card. I want to use the game port for my MIDI keyboard, but I'm not sure if JACK is seeing it. I have 2 Delta 1010 cards installed, and JACK shows their MIDI ports, but the only other MIDI port that shows in JACK is called "Midi Through", which doesn't appear to be from the onboard C-Media card, and I get no MIDI signal in Qsynth when I connect it. The card is enabled in the BIOS. Does anyone know how do I get this working?

Ruben