[linux-audio-user] Obituary for Pete Bessman

Pete Bessman ninjadroid at gazuga.net
Sun Feb 19 12:23:00 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 17:25 +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> Hi, i dig both tracks. How do you process your guitar?

Hope you dig the final draft even more.  Which leads me to this: I'm not
really putting any thought into my guitar tone right now since this is
all rough draft stuff.  All I've got is a Sure SM57 right up against the
grill of my Peavy Triple XXX half stack (running 6L6GC JJs).  My mic
preamp is a presonus TubePre, and I've got a Comp16 for compression, but
I haven't really tweaked the settings so I doubt it's adding any useful
color to the tone.

When all is said and done, I plan to have both the sm57 on the grill
*and* an MXL990 condenser a few feet away in the air, running into a
small solid state mixer, maybe through a compressor.  That second mic
makes a *world* of difference in your tone.  Seriously --- it sounds
like a whole new amp.

--
Pete Bessman
http://gazuga.net