[linux-audio-user] Been busy again

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sun Feb 19 16:19:19 EST 2006

Well, I still haven't got a decent sound card sorted out but I have
discovered I can make quite presentable mp3 recordings with my iRiver
H340 :) so I've put another couple of pieces on my website.

Raspberry Jam is just a bit of nonsense where I sort of set up a rhythm
then deliberately played some rather outlandish bits on top that sort
of stagger around only just managing to stay sensibly in time and key.

Ghost Train is one of my favourites (so please be gentle with it) and
was developed from an interesting sounding chord progression.
Everything else just seemed to fit somehow.

As a point of interest, I was very poor when I first laid these tracks
down and only had a single port MIDI interface. My way round the
problem was to set the SY22 I then had to only use tracks 1-8 and the
Sound Canvas to tracks 9-16. With care I found I could actually get far
more than 16 instruments in a running piece by sending SYSEX to
whichever instrument was not currently sounding.