[linux-audio-user] favorite window Manager for making music?

pirrone pirrone at localnet.com
Sun Feb 19 18:38:21 EST 2006

Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 2/19/06, pirrone <pirrone at localnet.com> wrote:
>

>> Brian,
>>
>> Strong preference for Fluxbox.
>>

> I second all the good stuff about fluxbox technically and its low
> system resource usage, but as a day to day environment for running
> stuff like Crossover Office, Open Office, etc., I got too tired having
> to make all my menus by hand.
>
> - Mark

Geez Mark, a vigorous young man like yourself.  The shame!  How hard is
[exec] (Ardour) {ardour -n} or running menumaker?

Actually, and joking aside as I'm kidding you and it's been a long time
since we've "talked" with the last being probably about Fluxbox as well,
I truly appreciate "having" to make my menus by hand since not only is
it quick and easy but it results in precisely what I what to then be
able to use.

For me Fluxbox, with groups and keys provides the absolutely optimized
environment for exactly what I am doing.  There's no way things would
simply shake out like this in one of the automated desktops - KDE,
Gnome, and the high-priced spreads.

I understand the straightforward simplicity of graphically editing menus
using desktop tools but truly feel I have much more at my disposal with
this environment, not less.  Not less in any way.

Frank