[linux-audio-user] Bainstorming! Drawing in non-musician developers

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Tue Feb 21 23:09:51 EST 2006

I've seen a common problem going on and I have it myself. I'm an
experimental kind of guy in music and I want to do things that haven't
ever been done before. It gets me off and nothing else does.

That means I also need tools that nobody has ever used before. I'm
working on one right now called Shelljam and I hope someday people will
be playing computers like people play guitars today. It's a lot of fun
to code, but it would be even more fun if it wouldn't eat into the time
I have available for producing music so much.

Of course I could simply use the tools available and be creative with
them, but it's just not fun! I would like to see some way of drawing in
music-loving software developers who have no ambition to be musicians to
help make those tools I need to go off the beaten path, and into musical
Wonderland.

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. What could we do? Put out some
sort of talent pool on LAD? Please post your ideas here.

Carlo