[linux-audio-user] Bainstorming! Drawing in non-musician developers

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Feb 22 04:21:36 EST 2006

Hallo,
Carlo Capocasa hat gesagt: // Carlo Capocasa wrote:

> I've seen a common problem going on and I have it myself. I'm an
> experimental kind of guy in music and I want to do things that haven't
> ever been done before. It gets me off and nothing else does.
>
> That means I also need tools that nobody has ever used before. I'm
> working on one right now called Shelljam and I hope someday people will
> be playing computers like people play guitars today. It's a lot of fun
> to code, but it would be even more fun if it wouldn't eat into the time
> I have available for producing music so much.

But coding *is* playing the computer like people play the guitar!  Of
course you could also just turn the computer into a more comfortable
tape recorder or an unusual piano, but in my view, that is not playing
the computer, it's recording to a more comfortable tape recorder and
playing an unusual piano. Coding however seems to be the only way to
really play the computer.

Ciao