[linux-audio-user] Re: ingo molnar patch on mandriva's kernel

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Sat Feb 25 02:12:50 EST 2006

On 25 February 2006 at 17:32, "Loki Davison" <loki.davison at gmail.com> wrote:

> Argg, missed this message. Though really i don't have a lot of useful
> input. Be afraid. Be very afraid. I can't get this machine to perform
> well using the RT kernel. Apart from that standard optimisation stuff
> works fine. Lots of stuff needs to be compiled as packages are pretty
> limited, though MDE has a lot more stuff for x86_64 now than a few
> months ago. I haven't run into any programs that just wont work on 64
> though. Some stuff requires quite a lot of makefile hacking though. My
> CFLAGS go like export CFLAGS=3D"-fPIC -march=3Dathlon64 -mtune=3Dathlon64
> -msse2 -mfpmath=3Dsse -O3 -ftree-vectorize"
> I'm not sure if ardour build bug is fixed mantis says it's not, but on
> mandriva the scons file requires a small change adding the arch flags
> to the link flags, otherwise the linker trys to link against no
> existant 32 bit libs. Apart from that i don't have any hints, i'd love
> to here some though.

Someone (Lee?) mentioned that the jack timing issue can be fixed
using the "clockfix" CVS branch of jack.  I grabbed that, and it
compiled fine.  I haven't done anything else with it yet.  But, I did
give my drum tracks to our guitar player, ardour recorded drumtracks.
Go ardour!  Go open source audio+music software!

Cheers...
--
Kevin