[linux-audio-user] Midi questions

res0u2uc at verizon.net res0u2uc at verizon.net
Mon Feb 27 23:34:28 EST 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 10:32:57AM -0500, Chaz Worm wrote:
> I don't mean to start a flame or anything but I'm planning on purchasing
> a midi card to accompany my STAudio envy24 card.  I'm not too sure of
> its MIDI capabilities.

Well, I have an STAudio DSP24 with ADC&DAC 3000 I/O box, so i
think i can say something here.

It took my quite a few trials to figure out what it
takes for midi to work. Eventually I could connect
a MIDI keyboard to the I/O box and used fluidsynth and some
midi soundfonts I'd downloaded to play sounds
from the keyboard.

I'd tell you more but I nuked my old system and
had to rebuild.... Be very very careful upgrading
a Debian-based system if the upgrade involves
C libraries (glibc).

I'd just advise you to look at the various
midi-on-linux tutorials and make some trials and
errors.

--
Joel Roth