[linux-audio-user] new music

Dan Easley daneasley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 11:21:44 EST 2006

Well, it's not much, as I seem to be moving from Sonar to Linux-based
stuff at a glacial pace - by no means due to problems with Linux - all
that's gone swimmingly - I just have too many unfinished products
laying around on the windows system - and for both aesthetic and
technical reasons i refuse to switch horses mid-record.

But anyway, here's a minute and a half of music I made for use in a
short film by a friend.  Equipment used: a Shure SM58 and a Kawai K4r
run via cheap Behringer mixer into an M-Audio Delta 44 connected to a
p2.4g/512mb CCRMA box running Freewheeling - output to a windows box
running Sonar (gratuitous windows use due to increasingly antiquated
workflow), which I used only for a fade-out at the end (two hours
practice with Ardour would likely reduce my need for windows to nil.
Unfortunately, I'm spending those two hours learning how to play
drums.)

http://towndowner.com/audio/etc/theme-from-some-assembly-required.mp3

comments either on/off-list appreciated.

dan at towndowner.com dan at burntpossum.com daneasley at gmail.com
http://towndowner.com http://burntpossum.com