[linux-audio-user] new music

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Tue Feb 28 17:47:28 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 11:21 -0500, Dan Easley wrote:
> Well, it's not much, as I seem to be moving from Sonar to Linux-based
> stuff at a glacial pace - by no means due to problems with Linux - all
> that's gone swimmingly - I just have too many unfinished products
> laying around on the windows system - and for both aesthetic and
> technical reasons i refuse to switch horses mid-record.
>
> But anyway, here's a minute and a half of music I made for use in a
> short film by a friend.  Equipment used: a Shure SM58 and a Kawai K4r
> run via cheap Behringer mixer into an M-Audio Delta 44 connected to a
> p2.4g/512mb CCRMA box running Freewheeling - output to a windows box
> running Sonar (gratuitous windows use due to increasingly antiquated
> workflow), which I used only for a fade-out at the end (two hours
> practice with Ardour would likely reduce my need for windows to nil.
> Unfortunately, I'm spending those two hours learning how to play
> drums.)

    Just use Audacity to do the fades.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744