[linux-audio-user] Problem possibly RT related?

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 19:29:22 EST 2006

On 1/1/06, Alberto Botti <alberto.botti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't forget that Ralink cards are some of the better supported wireless
> interfaces available for Linux, having a completely GPL driver which
> doesn't need external binary firmware.

A while back I managed to get a DLink working within a few hours.
Took a LOT of searching and scrambling through convoluted (even for
unix) docs, websites, and forums to get there but once I found out
everything I needed it was pretty easy...it just worked.  So anyway, I
know there is better even if you sometimes need that HAL component.

Setting up a wireless connection in Linux seems a lot harder than it
needs to be.  Certainly the documentation on it could be much better.
If I knew what the hell I was doing with it maybe I could figure out
more about why it is breaking but I can't find any really good docs on
this stuff.  The HOWTO kinda sucks... and people complain about audio
being hard to figure out :P

At any rate, its off topic now I think because the interrupt problem
is not what is at issue anymore now that I realized I was still
or PREEMPT so...

Thanks for the help guys.  I might try a few more things but I'm
pretty close to giving up on this card and trying a different
one...maybe I can get a DLink like the one I already got working once
before.