[linux-audio-user] Help: Audiotrak Maya 44 USB doesn't work

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Mon Jan 2 12:15:50 EST 2006

On Sunday 01 January 2006 23:26, Harri Tuomela wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 10:54:05PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Harri Tuomela hat gesagt: // Harri Tuomela wrote:
> > > Hi again! I removed the hotplug configured module from kernel and
> > >
> > > tried to install it manually:
> > > :~# insmod /lib/modules/2.6.8/kernel/sound/usb/snd-usb-audio.ko index=1
> > > : vid=0x0a92 pid=0x0091
> > >
> > > However, the device does not seem to appear in /proc/asound/cards.
> >
> > It's a FAQ: make sure, hotplug doesn't load the OSS module by adding
> > usbaudio to /etc/hotplug/blacklist.
>
> Hotplug didn't load the OSS audio module (called 'audio'). I checked
> that with lsmod.  However, I added it into blacklist, but the problem
> still remains.
>
> -Harri

Hi Harri. I havn't been following this thread, but saw Frank's reply about the
2.6.8 kernel. Are you using Debian Sarge by any chance, because even though I
know nothing about your USB soundcard, I did have problems with the USB for
my USB midi keyboard, and the 2.6 kernel. If you are using Sarge, there are a
few things you can try, but let me know first, as I don't want to waste your
time. Nigel.