[linux-audio-user] keeping alsa stable

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 17:55:35 EST 2006

Hi

I thinking about how to make the audio part of my debian/unstable as
stable (stable as in "not affected by apt-get upgrades in a bad way") as
possible. I'm using the realtime kernel from demudi which should provide
ost of alsa. And csound5 is compiled in different dirs (not installed)
so I can switch version simply by changing a symlink. To get that out of
the equation I run directly on top of alsa without jack.

Now what I'd like to know is how much of alsa is updated through apt-get
update from unstable? And how key are these parts to my simple setup?
Are there ways to keep the system more stable than what I have?

Thanks in advance for any pointers...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte