[linux-audio-user] Re: M-Audio MidiSport 2x2

Markus Herhoffer markus at herhoffer.net
Thu Jan 5 10:01:01 EST 2006

Thanks for the help! That looks very good.

> #! /bin/bash
> modprobe snd-usb-audio
> cd /usr/share/usb/midisport
> fxload -D /proc/bus/usb/004/003 MidiSportLoader.ihx -I \
> MidiSport2x2.ihx
> exit

Where do I get the files located in /usr/share/usb/midisport? There's
nothing like that on my system.

> I'm interested by your comment "hotplug makes some real
> trouble with USB audio devices".  I'm having trouble
> getting the audio side of my Novation Speedio (a USB audio
> and MIDI interface) to work properly (as per previous posts
> on this list) - could this be related?  If so, what do I do
> to run it without hotplug?

I don't know the Novation device, but I had some problems with the Maya
44 USB and some Tascam USxxx (both USB) together with hotplug. The
solution to both problems was to add the corresponding kernel modules to
the blacklist of hotplug. On Gentoo with the standard layout you find
the blacklist in /etc/hotplug/blacklist. On default there should be some
entries in it like 'usbcore' and 'usb-uhci'.

Markus Herhoffer