[linux-audio-user] music using buzz tracker on linux

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Tue Jan 10 06:14:22 EST 2006

On Mon, 09 Jan, 2006 at 08:20PM -0800, reuben spake thus:
> A few months back I posted to this list regarding running buzz tracker,
> which is an excellent piece of windows freeware, on linux. I put
> together a quick piece to demonstrate what it does; this isn't
> particularly complex musically, but I quite like it. Aside from the amen
> loop, which comes in @ approx 1:00, every sound is synthesized by buzz
> (the amen is provided by a machine which is dedicated to producing amen
> loops, so even that is not from an externally loaded sample.)

Wow!  What an ace instrument!  Sorry, machine.  Amen just can't be
overused.

> The ogg and bmx (buzz tracker file) are both here:
> http://flavor8.com/index.php/2006/01/09/music-made-using-buzz-tracker/

I like this, but I couldn't help thinking it should build and then
snap into something louder, with more beat and crunchier synths.

> As explained previously, unfortunately there will never be a port of the
> software to linux, as the developer lost the source code when his hard
> drive crashed(!). There are a huge number of machines (see
> buzzmachines.com) written to its API, so it would be highly advantageous
> to Linux audio if somebody were to write a client that could use them -
> hint, hint.

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)