[linux-audio-user] Xi instruments

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed Jan 11 02:25:36 EST 2006

Carotinho wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Alle 20:25, martedì 10 gennaio 2006, Erik de Castro Lopo ha scritto:
> > Soundtracker uses XI instruments:
> >
> >      http://www.soundtracker.org/
>
> Yes I know it, but I'm not enthusiastic about using a dismissed software;

Sorry, what do you mean by "dismissed software"?

> besides, it used to run well, but now it gives me this error when I try to
> start it:
> 	*** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x082dbdc8 ***

Is your version up to date with the soutracker web site? If you can
reproduce the problem I'm sure it will be fixed.

> > And libsndfile reads/writes XI files:
> >
> >     http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/
> >
> > In the very near future, you will also be able to read/write the
> > instrument loop points etc.
>
> I'm waiting for such a future:)
>
> So, other question: which kind of sampled instrument format do you use
> normally?

AIFF and WAV also support instrument data and that is working in the
current libsndfile pre-release available here:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo