[linux-audio-user] Xi instruments

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Wed Jan 11 17:48:55 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 18:27 +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Dan Stromberg wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 18:46 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
>
> > Assuming you reported these problems to the developers, were they able
> > > to help?
> > >
> > > Lee
> >
> > I did not report them.
>
> As a developer I have to ask you to please report all problems you
> see with my software especially really horrid suff like this.
>
> I assume most other developers feel the same way.
>
> Erik

I'm a developer too, but I'm pretty sure that this particular bug is
going to be run into by hoardes of users.

I've worked on contributing to jpilot before, but between my job, my
family, the writing I feel compelled to do, and my own FOSS projects
(some of which are still just being designed in the back of my mind,
with many others at http://dcs.nac.uci.edu/~strombrg/tech-tidbits.html),
I don't have a lot of time to report bugs that many, many users are
likely to be seeing too.

And I don't get bent out of shape if someone uses one of my programs,
encounters a bug, and doesn't report it.  It's nice, but it's no
obligation.

We all draw our lines somewhere.