[linux-audio-user] Apology

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Fri Jan 13 03:40:37 EST 2006

M P Smoak wrote:
> On Thursday 12 January 2006 23:16, Lee Revell wrote:
> > As for the tuning slider, you are saying you want to be able
> > to tune the SBLive's synth?  That's not supported
> > unfortunately.
>
> Lee, please forgive me, but it must be somehow.  I can use the
> pitchbend weel and get it in tune.  So the kb doen't have a
> tuning slider; can't linux give me a slider?  I mean it's a
> (sblive) midi synth that understands midi pitch shift.

The pitch bend control is supported.

ALSA sequencer ports can be opened by more than one application, so you
can send it from any program you like.

If you want to automate this,
1) load the snd-virmidi module,
2) use aconnect to connect one of the virmidi ports to the wavetable port,
3) use amidi to send a pitch bend command to the virmidi port, e.g.:
   amidi -p hw:... -S "E0 12 34"
   (use "amidi -l" to see what the port name is).

HTH
Clemens