[linux-audio-user] Apology

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Fri Jan 13 09:21:23 EST 2006

On Friday 13 January 2006 04:34, M P Smoak was like:
> Lee, please forgive me, but it must be somehow.  I can use the
> pitchbend weel and get it in tune.  So the kb doen't have a
> tuning slider; can't linux give me a slider?  I mean it's a
> (sblive) midi synth that understands midi pitch shift .  I
> don't really understand midi, but I think I know that pitch
> shift ain't missing.

Pitch bend isn't really the same as pitch shift. Pitch shift needs to
implemented by the synth engine or soundcard in this instance - and it _is_
missing in many cases. It should be possible to assign the pitchbend
controller to a different hardware controller, but this involves getting your
hands dirty. There is no nice UI for this - and really there should be.

Please no-one consider this a fully formed feature request (yet) - I shall
work on it, however. ;)
--
cheers,

tim hall