[linux-audio-user] icecast2, bandwidth?

Konrad Mathieu km at km-it.de
Mon Jan 16 13:32:23 EST 2006

Following up on my recent posting about full duplex operation, I've now gotten as far as installing and running icecast2 and
mplayer.

Connecting it all using jackd or pd without a gui still seems like a bit of mystery to me but that will hopefully resolve along
the way.

Because a Hammerfall card and some ADAT interfaces is a bit of an investment, I wonder if anyone can estimate the bandwidth. Does
it seem likely that an icecast box with a 100Mbit/s connection can serve and receive eight separate stereo streams simultaneously?
Or would that need gigabit I/O?

Thanks and cheers,
Konrad