[linux-audio-user] Looking for Sound card recommendation

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu
Mon Jan 16 13:48:07 EST 2006

Hello,
I am in the process of looking for a decent sound card to replace my current
soundcard which is integrated in the motherboard.

The requirement I am looking for are:
1. Supported by ALSA
2. 5.1 output channel with decent sound.
3. Have MIDI/Joystick port and MIDI capture is supported by ALSA. I want the
to use the computer to capture MIDI from my keyboard with some sort of
sequencer program so then I can print the music.
4. Line-in and Mic input. Line-in capture should be supported so I can
record / digitize music.
5. Not too expensive :). Probably I am looking at around $50 or less to spend.

Is there such soundcard ?

I was first thinking Sound Blaster Live 5.1 but that card is hard to find
nowadays in any online store that I browsed. So any recommendation /
suggestion, and probably with link, is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja