[linux-audio-user] Soundfont players

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Thu Jan 19 08:10:09 EST 2006

Johannes Mario Ringheim wrote:

> Michael T D Nelson wrote:
>
>> I would be interested to know of a recommendation for a more
>> lightweight MIDI sequencer - perhaps one that I will be able to
>> syncronise with Ardour?
>

> Newest version of seq24, 0.7.0, works beautifully with jack and ardour.

I've tried seq24 for this purpose but it is a bit limited if your music
is not based on loops (If for example I want to use it to record and
edit an improvisation on the piano).

Muse can be invoked with the -a flag to start it without the audio
functionalities but in this way it doesn't sync to jack anymore.

I'm still looking for a better and lightweight solution for MIDI only
sequencing.

c.
--
www.cesaremarilungo.com