[linux-audio-user] MIDI sequencers (slight thread hi-jack, sorry)

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Thu Jan 19 08:21:24 EST 2006

Cesare Marilungo wrote:

> Johannes Mario Ringheim wrote:
>
>> Michael T D Nelson wrote:
>>
>>> I would be interested to know of a recommendation for a more
>>> lightweight MIDI sequencer - perhaps one that I will be able to
>>> syncronise (sic) with Ardour?
>>
>> Newest version of seq24, 0.7.0, works beautifully with jack and ardour.

Thanks for the tip, Johannes - I have looked at seq24 before, but only
briefly. I'll look again.

> I've tried seq24 for this purpose but it is a bit limited if your music
> is not based on loops

Thanks Cesare, good point. Well, some of my stuff is looped, and some isn't.

I'm thinking of using seq24 & qsynth as a substitute for hydrogen in
this case, so it might just be right for me.

> I'm still looking for a better and lightweight solution for MIDI only
> sequencing.

That would be nice, wouldn't it? I'd like something with the ability to
write conventional notation, and MIDI sequencing, synchronisation but
not too much more.

Regards
Michael