[linux-audio-user] virmidi and 2.6.14 (Demudi)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jan 21 10:08:37 EST 2006

Hallo,
Clemens Ladisch hat gesagt: // Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> Case 1: sending from Dosemu to an ALSA program:
> - tell Dosemu to write to /dev/midi02;
> - run "aseqdump" (or any other program);
> - run "aconnect 80:0 aseqdump";
> - data sent by a DOS program will be received by aseqdump.
>
> Case 2: sending from an ALSA program to Dosemu:
> - tell Dosemu to read from /dev/midi02;
> - run "aplaymidi -p 80:0 something.mid",
>   or "aconnect 72:0 80:0" to route your external keyboard to Dosemu.

What would be the best setup for a third case: sending from Dosemu to
Dosemu or more generally: sending from one program, that can only use
rawmidi/OSS ports to another program, that can only use rawmidi/OSS
ports?

Assuming I have a virmidi card as card 2, then I would have four ports
shown in aconnect: Virtual Raw MIDI 2-0', Virtual Raw MIDI 2-1' etc. I
know and actually used the fact, that these are available as rawmidi
ports in /dev/snd/midiC2D0, /dev/snd/midiC2D1, ...

So connecting like this "aconnect 80:0 80:1" will let me read at
/dev/snd/midiC2D1 what I write to /dev/snd/midiC2D0. Is there a way to
access these "sub-ports" through /dev/midi?? or /dev/amidi?? as well?

Ciao