[linux-audio-user] portable digital audio recording

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 00:15:21 EST 2006

For under 200 dollars really your ONLY option might be MD.  Of course
finding one that provides Phantom Power capable of running your mic,
well good luck.  What type of mic is it?(Make/Model)  The cheapest Flash
recorders that I am aware of with any Phantom is M-Audio's at about $400
and that is only 30 volts of Phantom if I remember right so you would
have to make sure your mic could be run off that.

MD recorders are not something I touch so someone else could cover that one.

I would strongly suggest using that money to get a workable interface
and record onto your laptop.  Itll be cheaper, and for the time being
better, for you.

        Seablade