[linux-audio-user] Re: snd-usb-audio; Lexicon Omega USB: "no mixer elems found"

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:10:44 EST 2006

2006/1/26, Jerome Tuncer <columbiatwo at free.fr>:
> I have this Lexicon Omega Studio USB soundcard
> (http://www.lexiconpro.com/Omega/index.asp).
> I'm on Debian testing/unstable, kernel 2.6.15. The snd-usb-audio from
> ALSA loads when I plug the card.
> So that my USB device driver loads as a secondary soundcard.
> The Lexicon Omega seems to be recognized by my system as it shows up in
> menus of alsa compatible apps. Nevertheless it outputs no sound.
> When I try to run $ alsamixer -c 1 it says "No mixer elems found"

I don't know that device, but some of the external usb devices don't
have a mixer.
That itself isn't bad, but most programs not just open a sounddevice
but also need a mixer device (even if they don't do any mixing).

Have you tried accessing your device with jack?

Another possibility is to mess around with your .asoundrc and create a
device that has your hw:1 for audio and hw:0 as a mixer/ctrl-device.
See the Alsa-Webpage for more infos...

Arnold

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/