[linux-audio-user] Why does JACK crash on me?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 07:56:31 EST 2006

On 1/28/06, Sylvain Robitaille <lau at therockgarden.ca> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, cdr wrote:
>
> > jack crashes all the time here. zombified and such. amd64, various
> > kernels, various compilers. im sure it will be stable on amd64 one day :)
>
> Hrmmm...  AMD64 must be the relevant point, then.  I'm using (stock,
> though with a custom kernel) Slackware, so though my processor is an
> Athlon64, I'm effectively (I believe) using it as a 32-bit system.
>
> --
> Sylvain Robitaille                              syl at alcor.concordia.ca
>
> Major in Electroacoustic Studies                  Concordia University
> Faculty of Fine Arts / Music Department       Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Hi,
   I use Jack-0.100.7 all day long on AMD64 - Gentoo - No crashes
here. Note that I don't think Ive ever seen Jack crash on my AMD64
machine and I've used pretty much every version out there at one time
or another.

   I don't think the problem is really AMD64. More likely it's some
small hardware problem - bad memory, etc. - or some small library
issue.

   Just my 2 cents...

- Mark