[linux-audio-user] Straw Poll: External MIDI

David L. Craig dlc at radix.net
Mon Jan 30 07:56:41 EST 2006

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 02:15:06PM +0000, tim hall wrote:

> I am also interested to hear from people who don't use MIDI at all or have a
> specific reason not to configure it. (other than simply hating the medium. ;)

Maybe this isn't a data point you're looking for, but I'm not
using it because I've got an open kernel bug because my box
reboots itself when I try to use it directly or indirectly
on my Delta 1010 card.  I need it to build a drum track in
7/4 (Hydrogen can't do it), thus the first time I've needed
it.  I'm praying it's not the card--money is t-i-g-h-t right
now.

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg