[linux-audio-user] New website trial

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Fri Jul 7 15:12:02 EDT 2006

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:47:00 +0200
Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 11:50:27PM +0100, Folderol wrote:
> > I'm trying out some css ideas on a new web page and would appreciate
> > any comments. Most of the links should work OK, but it's really the
> > style and readability I'm interested in hearing about.
>

> Only some of the MP3/Ogg links work.

I did say in the text that ones displaying a size of 0.0 wouldn't work
as the files simply weren't there yet. All the others should.

> And even then right-click,
> Save_link_as doesn't lead to the file, but linkcount.pl.

Ah. I see the problem with this now. More work I think :(

> The CSS hover trick is neat.

As I mentioned before, inspired by the 'edge' site.

> The background hurts readability quite some. You could try reducing
> its contrast.

Second complaint :( Must be sorted now!

> The grayness is so dry, rather depressing and doesn't look like your
> music sounds one bit. The following general associations I had with
> your music could lead to a colour scheme: air, rain, river, fog,
> moonlight but also a picknick in the green, in warm sunshine.
>

> --
> Thorsten Wilms

I want to get the overal design right first - lots to do as you can see
- I'll pay more attention to colours later.

--
Will J G