[linux-audio-user] Re:[ANN] ALSA MIDI Humanizer 0.0.3

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Jul 9 14:06:24 EDT 2006

Yes, a cute little utility. Obviously the horn solo would be looser and the
drums tight.

Note that the best "humanizer" around is the Ntonyx Style Enhancer. Two
disadvanates is that one must buy it (heaven forfend!) and it runs in Windows
(satan himself!). Actually, I have got it going using WINE which does not
handle the multi-threading well but if one does not try tweaking while
playing, it will work. I've been with this since they first came out with it.

Results range from, well, better than flat MIDI to I can't believe it's MIDI.

(For example, one does not randomly shift timings through a piece--one marks
the phrazes and such shifts are applied accordingly.)