[linux-audio-user] Re: S/PDIF capture with m-audio 2496

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil at ccrma.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 13 14:43:47 EDT 2006

> Rob Jackson wrote:
>> Could anyone please give me a step-by-step guide to setting up my
>> m-audio 2496 to capture from the S/PDIF? I am trying to record into
>> either Audacity or Ardour, but cannot 'find' any sound.

As far as I can see, there are no routing possibilities for input S/PDIF
on an m-audio 2496 using the envy24control. For output, you can route any
channel to s/pdif in hardware using that program.

So what you have to do, is to use channel 9 and 10 instead, which I guess
is hardwired to s/pdif in. (Maybe you could also mess around with
.asoundrc, a third option is to hack the snd-ice1712 driver)