[linux-audio-user] nifty gizmo

Ernie Dulanowsky ernst at pulsewidth.ca
Fri Jun 2 02:49:43 EDT 2006

I thinkthe developers are Mac users, based on the amount of Max/MSP
patches available. There's some PD patches as well, but not as many.
The mapd server, which I believe performs
mapping to OSC or MIDI, is opensource.

I don't think the buttons are touch sensitive. The relatively high
price comes from the fact that they are making small, handbuilt
production run, down to heating solder paste in a toaster oven.

They've actually designed their own logic board based on an amtel
mega32, the big brother of the mega 8 on the Arduino board.

The demo videos are worth a look.

cheers,
ernie

--