[linux-audio-user] An experimental version of Musix 0.49 will be available in a few hours/days

Marcos Guglielmetti Gmail marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 19:59:45 EDT 2006

An experimental version of Musix 0.49 will be available in a few hours/days

Main features:

    * kernel 2.6.16-beyond4.1 (it might support installation in SATA hard
drives)
    * knxinstaller -optional- (advanced installer taken from Kanotix
distribution)
    * 460 updated software packages
    * ALSA 1.0.11 audio drivers for kernel 2.6.16-beyond4.1
    * Note: kernel 2.6.16-beyond4.1 does not have the realtime patch from Ingo
Molar applied, but its performance is quite good (it was tested). "Beyond4.1"
refers to a series of patches that were not applied to the traditional kernel
yet (vanilla).

Musix 0.49 will at least give hardware support for new sound cards, etc. We
hope you can test it and report errors or success.

Musix 0.40 is much more tested, and we suggest to use this version in
long-term if you do not have hardware detection problems.

Musix 0.49 is thought for those who have new computers and/or hardware
compatibility problems.
--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre