[linux-audio-user] How to get around PID attached to jackd clients?

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed Jun 7 03:04:48 EDT 2006

Hi!
  I don't exactly know, how brutefir works. But I think there might be an
option to tell it about the name of the client to connect to. There you can
just enter something like:
  xmms_1359 (or whatever)
  Another option could be, have a look if xmms or jack-rack have an option to
specify the cleint-name, there choose something without the PID. In the
gui-based programs perhaps there might also be a menu-item somewhere. My guess
would be, if it's there, then it will be in some config-dialog.
  HTH.
  Kindest regards
        Julien

--------