[linux-audio-user] How to get around PID attached to jackd clients?

Marije Baalman nescivi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 06:22:30 EDT 2006

Hi Robert,

Robert F. Scheer wrote:
> On my Ubuntu Dapper system, I'm having trouble with jack clients such
> as xmms and jack-rack showing up in the list of clients with their PID
> (process ID) attached to their app-names.
> My convolver program BruteFIR expects the clients to have fixed names.
actually in BruteFIR you can leave the name unspecified, and then
BruteFIR comes up without connecting to other clients. Then you could
use jack_connect and jack_lsp (or something like that) to find the
client and connect to the right clients. This can then of course be done
with a script which finds the right ones or done graphically with QJackCtl.

sincerely,
Marije