[linux-audio-user] Kontakt 2 usable under Linux?

Hector Centeno-Garcia h.centeno at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 7 19:53:04 EDT 2006

Tim Howard wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm interested in a Kontakt 2 sample library (the Stradivari by
> Garritan, see http://www.garritan.com/stradivari.html) which I think
> looks absolutely awesome.  But there is a slight problem...  I don't
> have Kontakt 2, and I'm not sure if this type of library can be used
> under Linux.
>
> Does anyone here have any experience using Kontakt 2 libraries under
> Linux?  If so, how did you go about it?  I'm not completely opposed to
> buying/using commercial software if necessary, but I would much prefer
> an open-source solution.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> -TimH

That's something the Linux-Audio world is missing so much... a decent
sampler. All promising projects are stalled because of their developers
not having time to continue. LinuxSampler is indeed very good... but you
can't create your own programs (Kontakt or Halion style)... hopefully
some developers will resuscitate  Specimen or  other dead project and
take it to a higher level. Come on guys! :-)

Peace,

Hector.