[linux-audio-user] Dance Mat Drumming (was Re: Any drummers out there?)

nigel henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sat Jun 10 06:38:59 EDT 2006

On Saturday 10 June 2006 11:10, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 10:34:37AM +1000, Loki Davison wrote:
> > On 6/10/06, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb at tiscali.fr> wrote:
> > >On Friday 09 June 2006 18:16, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> > >
> > >Hi Loki. How big is this file? Kget is showing the filesize as 0 B, but
> > > has downloaded more than 7MB already. I presume it will play on
> > > Mplayer. If the file is huge, I'll have to move the partial download to
> > > the other machine, and continue it there, as I wan't to play around
> > > with FC5 on this machine, as
> > >it's giving a few problems.
> > >
> > >Anyway. Just what is this dance mat drumming? It's not kinky stuff I
> > > hope.
> > >
> > >Nigel.
> >
> > Nigel, it's torben not me! Dance dance revolution was never my thing!
> > Though seeing torben do it will be worth the download... getting it
> > now ;)
>
> this is NOT dance dance revolution.
> this is an "el cheapo" Stay Cool! dance mat directly connected to gAlan.
> so i directly trigger events in galan.
>
> these events are connected to sample players.
>
> thats why i call this dance mat drumming.

Hi torben.  It looks great fun. I had been wondering what I could get for my
dog, so that he could ask me for things. His paws are a bit big for the midi
keyboard. This looks like the answer.  Pictures of the different things he
likes on the pads, which trigger vocal patches in gAlan.

How "el cheapo" is "el cheapo"?  And where do you get it from?

Nigel.