[linux-audio-user] "OK, I Lied" a little joke song recorded with Rosegarden 1.2.3+DSSI+Zyn+hydrogen (to Pete Bessman)

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sun Jun 11 08:27:32 EDT 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 10:58, Thorsten Wilms was like:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 05:18:23AM +0200, Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/audio/Ok-i-lied-to-Pete-Bessman-
> >from-Musix049.ogg Author: Marcos Guglielmetti

Woo, I like this lots. Pete didn't turn up at any point in the recording
process mysteriously claiming to be ready to do his part? no?

> This has a nice mood. But sadly I can understand only fractions of the
> singing, because most of the time it can't compete within the mix. Maybe
> you could increase the volume, thin out the mix, apply more compression or
> do it over with a bit less dramatic expression but clearer articulation.

I don't think remixing the vocals is going to help. No I can't understand a
word of it, but such considerations have never impaired my appreciation of
bands like Can or the Cocteau Twins. Maybe Marcos could simply publish the
lyrics, then we could all share in the joke?

> The drums seem to be too laid-back, dragging behind the beat a bit.
> The snare sounds cutted off in a way that I think doesn't work for this
> track.

I like the feel, personally. Although I would probably have nudged the whole
drum track forward a tad.

Nice work Marcos!
--
cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk/tim
We are the people We've been waiting for.