[linux-audio-user] Digital mixer suggestions

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladolidt at terra.es
Tue Jun 13 03:48:43 EDT 2006

Thomas Vecchione escribe:
> The VM3100Pro/RPC-1 will work with the ICE1712 driver.  It is however to
> terribly stable in my experience running at 96kHz at anywhere near low
> latency(It was one of the first 96kHz boards that I was aware of, and at
> low latencies I couldnt get it to stable without dropouts etc).  I also
> had a few other problems with it on occasion in as far as playing non
> 44.1 or 48 sample rates, however that was only on occasion and really
> depended on my install leading me to believe I missed a step somewhere
> on those occasion in setting it up.

I still never knew a reason for working at 96kHZ. Maybe now that I
enjoy a powerful enough computer I find it!

> Obviously you would want to use envy24control with it.  I never tried
> mapping the Midi, I still have it laying around my house so I may try to
> map it as a midi controller sometime.  Note that the Pres are pretty
> noisy and not all that good in general, you would probably do better
> buying a cheap 100 dollar Art Pre or something to that effect.  Key word
> there is of course Probably.

A multi input soundcard and a JoeMeek pre is my other choice and maybe
I'll go for it. I had a VC3Q in the past and recorded sooo lovely...

Cordially, Ismael
--
 Ismael Valladolid Torres        OpenPGP key ID: 0xDE721AF4
                                      Jabber ID: ivalladt at jabberes.org
  http://digitrazos.info/
  http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/  ~When I grow up I will go there~